A little about My Heart

Welcome to My Heart! I am an aspiring writer although honestly I am not sure what you would call my style of writing. Probably most of the time something along the lines of freestyle poetry. You might see that the grammar isn't always correct but I always write from my heart (I am looking at taking some classes on creative writing to advance my skills even further). Here you will find the writings are a reflection of my heart hence why I have called my blog My Heart. You will also find my writing to dwell strongly in faith. My love of reading has now become a love for writing. I hope you enjoy your time reading what I have written.

signed ~ Country Girl - A young christian woman

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

6/9/10

The color of the sea on a calm day this is the color of her eyes. The sun shining strong on a summer day this is the warmth of her smile. You see what is on the surface but not what lies beneath. Look again at her eyes for you shall see that which has tormented her. Look again at her smile and you will see the pain she hides behind it.

Inside her wages a battle unknown too most. She battles fiercely against her foe in a desperate attempt to gain ground. Her enemy may not tire but she does. Her muscles tremble with the strain and her heart grows heavy with each blow. The enemy appears unchanged and unharmed while she carries many scars and open wounds from his weapons.

Dirt and grim cover her face will sweat makes watermarks down her face. Her eyes now reflect the sea during a storm and her mouth is drawn tight. She battles for her very soul. Her enemy throws insults at her and tries to break her. But he won’t win this time for she no longer fights alone. In His hands there is a mighty blade which is wielded with deadly precision. Blocking a crippling blow He steps to the front, to now being locked in a fatal dance with the Devil himself. But He won’t back down nor shall He fail. Now when her muscles tremble with fatigue His strength floods through her. When her heart grows heavy she remembers His promise and the debts He has already paid in her stead. You can see He carries His own scars but they show victory for it is He who won that battle long ago.

Now her open wounds shall be bound by His own two hands, and soon her enemy shall be cast forth from her forever more and she will be able to fully rest in His embrace. Until that day He will fight for her and by her side to catch her when she miss steps and give her faith when hers has all but fled.

Remember He is always with us even when we fight the fiercest battles He is by our side our great Warrior and fearless Leader. He won’t ever fail us or leave us to be struck down by our enemies even when it feels like they grow near. Put your faith in Him and believe in Him. He has already made His promise to you, now will you make your promise to Him?


Written by: Justine N.

No comments:

Post a Comment