A little about My Heart

Welcome to My Heart! I am an aspiring writer although honestly I am not sure what you would call my style of writing. Probably most of the time something along the lines of freestyle poetry. You might see that the grammar isn't always correct but I always write from my heart (I am looking at taking some classes on creative writing to advance my skills even further). Here you will find the writings are a reflection of my heart hence why I have called my blog My Heart. You will also find my writing to dwell strongly in faith. My love of reading has now become a love for writing. I hope you enjoy your time reading what I have written.

signed ~ Country Girl - A young christian woman

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

2/26/10

I am standing, my heart rendered in two. My arms fall to my side as great heaving sobs wrack my broken body. I close my eyes and pray this pain ceases. As I stand seemingly alone. I feel this presence. I dare not open my eyes fearing it is all in my mind. Arms pull me in holding and gathering me close. A strong warm body cradles me and keeps me near. The smell of wool and something else I can’t put my finger on surrounds me filling me with peace.

I feel so safe my heart is mending together. Strong calloused hands gently wipe tears from my face. Never have I felt such a sense of ease. My whole body relaxes in His embrace. I feel those same hands brushing through my hair. Safe… this feeling is safe. Oh how I have longed for this. I am able to pour my grief and bitterness out and instead feel safe and comforted. Slowly I feel myself drift towards sleep. The sound of a strong heartbeat as my lullaby knowing finally I am home and nothing can touch me again.

Written by: Justine N.

No comments:

Post a Comment