A little about My Heart

Welcome to My Heart! I am an aspiring writer although honestly I am not sure what you would call my style of writing. Probably most of the time something along the lines of freestyle poetry. You might see that the grammar isn't always correct but I always write from my heart (I am looking at taking some classes on creative writing to advance my skills even further). Here you will find the writings are a reflection of my heart hence why I have called my blog My Heart. You will also find my writing to dwell strongly in faith. My love of reading has now become a love for writing. I hope you enjoy your time reading what I have written.

signed ~ Country Girl - A young christian woman

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

5/20/10
She is the unsung hero. Always there to guide us, with arms open wide ready to comfort us. In her God placed something precious, a mothers love. Her love is fierce and strong, shining like a bright candle during a dark night. Her love is gentle and healing, warm hugs and unwavering faith nurture us.

We see in her all her glory and strength but we forget she too is human. A quick word in anger, using things against us, this is human. Her love is overshadowed by weariness, grief, anger, or pain.

We think she is untouchable but yet she has heartaches. God doesn't forget for it is He who created her and He who knows all of her. He sees the fractures we do not or sometime forget to notice. We quickly forget as we grow how she cared for us and loved us. Instead we say how unfair she is and that she just doesn't understand. Her wise words have become lame, we have outgrown her affections.

What we also forget is that she has been in our shoes and walked the road before us. Her wisdom was born out of great heartaches and pains. She loves us enough to tell us about the pot holes up ahead and gives us a map so we might avoid the dead ends she already traveled to.

How quickly we too forget that God does the same thing for us. His own Son has already journeyed down this path. God has given us many road maps and signs so we might stay true to Him. Like our mothers He loves us and like with our mothers we think we out grow Him, that we are more wise than He.

And like with our mothers we as we grow we learn again to appreciate her wisdom and love for us, as we should with God also. All we need do is ask and He shall teach us. For such a simple thing it is the hardest to do, our pride blinds us.


Written by Justine N.

No comments:

Post a Comment