A little about My Heart

Welcome to My Heart! I am an aspiring writer although honestly I am not sure what you would call my style of writing. Probably most of the time something along the lines of freestyle poetry. You might see that the grammar isn't always correct but I always write from my heart (I am looking at taking some classes on creative writing to advance my skills even further). Here you will find the writings are a reflection of my heart hence why I have called my blog My Heart. You will also find my writing to dwell strongly in faith. My love of reading has now become a love for writing. I hope you enjoy your time reading what I have written.

signed ~ Country Girl - A young christian woman

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

5/18/10

I lay at His feet just listening to His voice. The lazy summer sun is casting it's last rays throwing everything into shades of bold reds, dashing golds, and brilliant oranges. Crickets make themselves known in the tall grass. Glancing around I see the many others that have gathered to listen to Him speak. Even the smallest child has come, silent with eyes open wide simply listening to Him tell his tale. He is sitting on a low stone, His deep voice carries in cooling air while His eyes sparkle with mirth.

He tells us a tale about His disciples, of His time spent with them and the many people He met on his travels. We always gather here at this time, so we might learn what He has to teach. How fortunate we are to have the chance at spending such precious time with Him. Jesus has many great stories to tell and lessons to teach. Will you listen? Will you learn?

written by Justine N.

No comments:

Post a Comment