A little about My Heart

Welcome to My Heart! I am an aspiring writer although honestly I am not sure what you would call my style of writing. Probably most of the time something along the lines of freestyle poetry. You might see that the grammar isn't always correct but I always write from my heart (I am looking at taking some classes on creative writing to advance my skills even further). Here you will find the writings are a reflection of my heart hence why I have called my blog My Heart. You will also find my writing to dwell strongly in faith. My love of reading has now become a love for writing. I hope you enjoy your time reading what I have written.

signed ~ Country Girl - A young christian woman

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

4-20-10

Standing arms stretched with her fingers still reaching for what she couldn't have. People always told her to reach for the stars shining so bright, but what they forgot to mention is they also burn.

She thought for sure he was the one this time. Now she see's the lies for what they really are. This great prince has turned into a slithering snake fit only to eat the dirt which he crawls on.

Broken and worthless she now feels. What was once a bright burning flame is now a tired ember. Alone now in the silence she hears His voice. She opens her eyes to see Him standing before her arms open wide beckoning to her.

"I have been standing here all this time waiting for you to finally see Me" He say's.

When finally His warmth surrounds her, she feels safe. She knows she is wanted, cherished and above all else loved. Pressing her ear to His chest she hears His heart beating strong and clear while feel the rise and fall of His chest. Solid and warm, so real He is. The tattered pieces of her torn heart slowly mend together, sheltered in His embrace she finds healing and peace.

"Though you won't always feel these arms carrying you, in My embrace you remain. You can't always see me but by your side I stay. When you feel doubt and fear come over you listen to my Voice for I will be speaking your heart though you might not always hear me.

Let me be your man, it is what I desire most. To show you the beauty I see in you. You are most precious to me. My love won't fade over time and I will not grow weary of you" He say's. This is His promise.

Written by Justine N.

No comments:

Post a Comment