A little about My Heart

Welcome to My Heart! I am an aspiring writer although honestly I am not sure what you would call my style of writing. Probably most of the time something along the lines of freestyle poetry. You might see that the grammar isn't always correct but I always write from my heart (I am looking at taking some classes on creative writing to advance my skills even further). Here you will find the writings are a reflection of my heart hence why I have called my blog My Heart. You will also find my writing to dwell strongly in faith. My love of reading has now become a love for writing. I hope you enjoy your time reading what I have written.

signed ~ Country Girl - A young christian woman

Friday, April 11, 2014

Day 5 of my 60 day Bible Study

FREE!  I FEEL FREE!  Today's lesson was mainly on how our "taste not, touch not" attitude towards many foods is a very human driven way of looking.  It is not Godly in the least (though sometimes for health reasons obviously you don't partake in eating certain things) but truly we where meant to eat all things.

BUT the key to this is in moderation, I know for me that was a HUGE issue.  And heaven forbid if I had something on my "naughty" list, I beat myself up like crazy if I did that.  My big thing was I would be a glutton and go nuts, partly because I figured go big or go home if I was going to be "bad".  But now I see just how wrong and ungodly that thought process was.  I mean yeah some foods are just plain not good for you (processed foods much? or fast food?) but if we partake once in a while in it that is okay.  We must do so in a thankful manner and use moderation as our guide but it isn't "wrong" to do so.

What a freeing feeling that was to learn in this lesson.  Before I would hold SO tight to my self control and pat myself on the back for being so "good".  Man I was a prideful person at that time...and even now I find myself reverting back to that way of thinking.  It is funny because in just about every single diet there is the "taste not, touch  not" list.  Some of them get pretty frigging nuts let me tell you.

I know for me and my body I have to be careful about carbohydrates and sugars because my body naturally craves them.  BUT I am now starting to question that thought process, because God himself designed my body and God himself says we are to partake in all foods.  I am excited to find out just how I change and what kind of new found freedom I will have at the end of this journey.  My body will still do the same thing and react the same way but that doesn't mean I have to give in.  I have God on my side and I don't have to give into the sin like I did before.

What a different way to look at things...and so weird considering what I was being taught before.  But truly by reading the versus it brings the truth to life.  The food itself is never what made me fat (well in the literal sense it did...) but it was my gluttony that did so.  If I hadn't over eaten or gone just all out bat snot crazy eating the stuff I did it wouldn't have happened.  Such a weird thing to consider...because I always blamed the bad, mean nasty food but in reality it was a innocent bystander to my inhibitions.

Food for thought....eh eh? See what I did there...haha I crack myself up :).  Okay not really but I thought it was clever....

Justine
PS: I love how my cat cuddles with me each time I sit down to do my Bible Study.  God blessed me richly when he brought her into my life.  He knew I would need a little crazy cat like her to make me smile and remind me just how AMAZING and GOOD God is :).

No comments:

Post a Comment