A little about My Heart

Welcome to My Heart! I am an aspiring writer although honestly I am not sure what you would call my style of writing. Probably most of the time something along the lines of freestyle poetry. You might see that the grammar isn't always correct but I always write from my heart (I am looking at taking some classes on creative writing to advance my skills even further). Here you will find the writings are a reflection of my heart hence why I have called my blog My Heart. You will also find my writing to dwell strongly in faith. My love of reading has now become a love for writing. I hope you enjoy your time reading what I have written.

signed ~ Country Girl - A young christian woman

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Tempest

An ocean is not to be trifled with. You can glide along on waters still as glass, the salty breeze filling your main sail. But when the winds rage strong and the waves come crashing around you haven't a prayer except not to capsize. Emotions are much the same, calm yet deceptive. There will be beautiful days where the water is smooth as a stone. But the storms will rage and you just pray not get swept off the deck into the swells.

But just like a tempest the winds and the waves will be gone soon enough and all that will be left are the pieces to be salvage. Some may retreat for a while whilst others still go on with a smile until they feel safe enough to break down. I am rather the one who will wait until I find a safe spot before I allow the winds to howl and the waves to beat upon me. But like all great storms it blows over and I pick up my scattered pieces to move on.

There is one Man though whom carries the power to tell the winds to still and the waves to once again become calm. He stays by my side and holds me during my tempest and keeps the pieces from scattering to the winds. When I can't hold on to control any longer I relinquish to Him and He sees me through. Storms will rage and emotions will overwhelm but while He stands near you can be safe in knowing He has control. No great harm shall befall you under His watchful eye and caring embrace.

Matthew 8:23-26
"Now when He got into a boat, His disciples followed Him. And suddenly a great tempest arose on the sea, so that the boat was covered with the waves. But He was asleep. Then His disciples came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Lord, save us! We are perishing!” But He said to them, “Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?” Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm."

No comments:

Post a Comment