A little about My Heart

Welcome to My Heart! I am an aspiring writer although honestly I am not sure what you would call my style of writing. Probably most of the time something along the lines of freestyle poetry. You might see that the grammar isn't always correct but I always write from my heart (I am looking at taking some classes on creative writing to advance my skills even further). Here you will find the writings are a reflection of my heart hence why I have called my blog My Heart. You will also find my writing to dwell strongly in faith. My love of reading has now become a love for writing. I hope you enjoy your time reading what I have written.

signed ~ Country Girl - A young christian woman

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Home

The sound of laughter drifts down the hall and old floor boards creak while the sound of little feet pattering around brings a smile to His face. A lazy summer sun slants through faded gingham curtains billowing gently in the breeze, bringing with it the smell of ripe wheat fields ready to harvest and sweet honeysuckles that are blooming in the backyard. Crickets are making themselves known as the sun dips down behind the barn, the day is coming to a close. We are all gathered in the dining room, children and adults all at one long table. Some faces you know and some are newcomers but all are welcome in His house at His table. Small chubby hands join with calloused rough hands and all heads bow to give thank to He who has provided for and loved us.

We are finally Home under one roof with our Father and that indeed is something to give thanks for.

--------------------------------------------------------------
I can only imagine what this day might be like when we finally go home with to be with Him. This is how I might imagine it, how do you imagine it?

Justine N.

1 comment:

  1. This is such an amazing piece :) Love you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete