A little about My Heart

Welcome to My Heart! I am an aspiring writer although honestly I am not sure what you would call my style of writing. Probably most of the time something along the lines of freestyle poetry. You might see that the grammar isn't always correct but I always write from my heart (I am looking at taking some classes on creative writing to advance my skills even further). Here you will find the writings are a reflection of my heart hence why I have called my blog My Heart. You will also find my writing to dwell strongly in faith. My love of reading has now become a love for writing. I hope you enjoy your time reading what I have written.

signed ~ Country Girl - A young christian woman

Thursday, March 29, 2012

What is strength? Is it that man who can lift weights heavier than his own body? Is it person who always has a smile on their face, someone who always has it together? Or is it that woman you see who is sometimes too sick to get out of bed yet still is able to sing praises.

What is beauty? Is it that supermodel walking down a runway? Is it that few extra pounds you wish you could loose? Or is it the woman who is loosing her hair due to chemo but she still can light up a room with her smile.

What is faith? Is it that guy who goes to church like clockwork every Sunday? Is it that gal who can quote every bible verse? Or is it that man who was just diagnosed with a life threatening disease but he has peace knowing God's plan is at work.

Strength comes from within, through trials and struggles, when you look fear in the face but you know God is bigger. Beauty is when you shine from within with God's love. Faith is when even the darkest of times you still know God will not forsake or leave you.

Psalm 16:8 I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

Psalm 18:2 The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

No comments:

Post a Comment