A little about My Heart

Welcome to My Heart! I am an aspiring writer although honestly I am not sure what you would call my style of writing. Probably most of the time something along the lines of freestyle poetry. You might see that the grammar isn't always correct but I always write from my heart (I am looking at taking some classes on creative writing to advance my skills even further). Here you will find the writings are a reflection of my heart hence why I have called my blog My Heart. You will also find my writing to dwell strongly in faith. My love of reading has now become a love for writing. I hope you enjoy your time reading what I have written.

signed ~ Country Girl - A young christian woman

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

You are My Betrothed

I crumple to the ground, warm salty tears slip over my hand as I try to stifle the sob threatening to break through my lips. I gasp as the pain threatens to overwhelm me, it radiates from the very core of me and I am barely able whisper "You do care for me don't You?". I feel like a child again for all I want is to matter. I want to know I am cared about, that He truly does love me. Though straining to hear even the slightest echo of His voice all I seem to hear is deep silence. Trembling I silently plead for Him to answer my cry. Unbidden a piece of scripture comes to mind...a promise He made to me.
Hosea 2: 19-20 "I will betroth you to Me forever; Yes I will betroth you to Me, In righteousness and justice, In lovingkindess and mercy; I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness, and you shall know the LORD"


I am reminded that He hasn't forsaken me, I am wanted and I do matter. He once before lead me to this verse to remind me in times when I feel He has forgotten me, He made a promise and it will be forever and I shall know Him. Satan may try to taunt me but God already chose me as His betrothed. God pointed me to that verse as a reminder of that promise He made that I might remember it every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment